Malvern Hills District Council (MHDC) has joined forces with Worcestershire Training Provider Association (WTPA) to help more local businesses, employ local residents through apprenticeship programmes.
£20,000 is available in financial year 2015/16 to award a salary contribution grant of £1,000 per apprentice, with a maximum of 2 grants available for any one business.
The grant scheme will prioritise applications from businesses operating in one or more of the
following key sectors:
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Agriculture Technologies and Horticulture (Agri-tech)
- The Employer is located in Malvern Hills district postcode area
- The Employer employs less than 250 employees.
- Must be providing an approved apprenticeship
- The employer has not had an Apprentice within the previous 12 months
- Must pay at least the Minimum Wage for Apprentices, and is encouraged to uplift
- The Apprentice resides in the Malvern Hills district postcode area
- Is aged 16 – 24 years
- Not previously employed by the Employer
1. Must comply with criteria set by the National Apprenticeship Service and the Skills Sector Councils
2. Must provide a framework for the Apprentice to acquire a recognised qualification (for example a Technical Certificate or an NVQ).
3. Must have a duration of between 1- 4 years, with 12 months as the minimum
4. All levels are eligible including Higher Apprenticeships
The grant is subject to a successful application to WTPA and the availability of funds. MHDC reserves the right to award or reject grants at the council’s discretion. The scheme will be run on a first come first served basis, with grant only guaranteed once the Apprentice has completed 13 weeks on programme, and the Grant agreement between the employer and District Council has been signed. The Grant will be payable by MHDC direct to the employer within 60 days of receipt of all evidence and a signed Grant Agreement.
- Employer Declaration signed by the employer and Training Provider organisation
- Copy of Apprentice contract of employment
- Signed Grant Agreement between employer & Malvern Hills District Council
Contact the team today to find out more on 01905 677 888, or email email@example.com
Full Terms & conditions can be found here