Mon 20th Nov 2023 - Tue 21st Nov 2023 at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Malvern Library, Great Malvern, WR14 2HU
- Business Support
- Enterprising Worcestershire
- Enterprising Worcestershire Business Development Workshops
- EW Start-up Workshops
Free Business masterclass for anyone looking to set up a business in Worcestershire.
This free two -day programme will guide you through what is required to start a business, including registration, best legal structure, and basic marketing, and will then cover what you need to know in the first twelve months of running a business, including tax, grants and general business planning.
• Reviewing the best legal structure for your business
• What is self-employment and how do I register?
• Naming your business
• Information and tools to help you research your idea, identify your target market and your competition.
• Branding IP and promoting your business
• The tools to implement a successful sales strategy.
• Understanding your business start-up costs and raising finance
• Developing financial forecasts to assess the viability of your business idea
• Income Tax, VAT and Corporation Tax
• Accountancy Records and Invoicing
• GDPR and Insurance
• What is a Business Plan/Cashflow?
• Do I need a Business Plan/Cashflow?
• Where do I start?
• Using a Business Plan for gaining finance
On sucessful compleation of the two day workshop you will take away:
Full understanding of how to set up and register a business.
A basic business plan canvas.
Bespoke Business and Marketing and Cashflow templates with implementation plan
Detailed handout with onward reading and quick access information
Introductions and access to RSCL’s proven network of specialists
Ongoing access to RSCL updates and newsletters
Free access for 12 months to Worcestershire Entrepreneurs group
This programme is designed for individuals yet to establish their business. It is a grant funded programme which is administered by the County Council who also offers grants of up to £5,000 at a rate of 40% match funding to eligible SMEs.
The two days are cknow and is led by an experienced Rock Solid Consulting Advisor and is delivered as part of the Enterprising Worcestershire Programme. This project is part-funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
Worcestershire County Council is part-funding, delivering, and managing this project on behalf of the Worcestershire District Councils (Bromsgrove District Council, Malvern Hills District Council, Redditch Borough Council, Worcester City Council, Wychavon District Council, and Wyre Forest District Council).
Book your ticket here.