From 2017, the government is introducing a new apprenticeship levy that will have financial implications for businesses of any size.
Large employers with a pay bill over £3 million will have to pay an annual apprenticeship levy of 0.5% of their PAYE bill, which can only be recouped when they employ and train apprentices.
The levy will be collected monthly by HMRC through the payroll system so any employer who has a payroll bill over £250k in any one month will pay the levy
Businesses will also receive a £15,000 annual allowance and an additional contribution of 10% on their monthly levy allocation.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU?
If you want to make sure you get the best results from your apprenticeship levy payment, we are on hand to help and advise you through the process.
Whether you’re new to apprenticeships or already delivering them, we can work with you to:
- Help you understand what the apprenticeship levy means and how it will impact your business
- Help you understand the new apprenticeship standards that will be replacing apprenticeship frameworks
- Help you with your apprenticeship strategy to ensure your business maximises its return on the levy investment
- Help you to recruit and select apprentices and develop career pathways by recommending suitable training providers and colleges who can deliver an apprenticeship to suit your business needs
- Help you identify progression routes to get your existing employees onto apprenticeships
- Create a communications and engagement strategy to drive apprenticeships forward in your business
- Source a quality-assured college or training provider
- Support you with registering onto the Digital Apprenticeship Service
WORCESTERSHIRE APPRENTICESHIPS – WWW.WORCSAPPRENTICESHIPS.ORG.UK
We’re impartial – as we don’t deliver apprenticeships ourselves, we give 100% objective advice that will help you decide the best way to use apprenticeships in your organisation
We’re the experts – we work across all of Worcestershire and with all the training providers, colleges, university and partner with local authorities, district councils, chamber of commerce and any organisation involved in delivering traineeships and apprenticeships across all sectors
We’re here for you – we can provide impartial advice and guidance and support you through the process, our role is to support employers, learners, parents and schools and to grow apprenticeships in Worcestershire to meet the LEP Skills Strategy
You can’t get out of paying the apprenticeship levy – but you can make sure that you’re getting the most from your investment!
Telephone: 0300 666 3 666