Wyre Forest District Council provides a grant scheme to support local business to take on apprentices.
The scheme, delivered in partnership with Kidderminster College, helps Wyre Forest businesses to employ local residents. The Council has allocated £50,000 to the scheme and businesses are able to apply for up to £7500 to help fund an apprentice over 2 years.
The scheme is available for the following types of apprenticeship, with specific encouragement for levels 3 and above:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Management (Team Leading)
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Management
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Higher Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Social Media
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture
The grant is available to small and medium sized enterprises located within the Wyre Forest District with less than 250 employees and there will be a limit of 2 apprenticeships per business. The grant will only be available to new employees. The apprentices themselves must also be living within the District to be eligible.
Financial support is based on a one or two year apprenticeships with 50% of the wages in the year 1 being met (up to £5,000 max) and 25% of the wages in year 2 (up to £2,500 max).
For more information on how to apply, contact the team today on 01905 677 888, or email firstname.lastname@example.org